JVC Remote RM-C889; program VCR

I recently bought a new remote for my 36" JVC TV but it was a litle different from the old one.

I cannot program it for VCR operation. What is the trick? It used to be that I would hold down the POWER button while pressing numeric keys but that doesnt seem to work with the new remote. Help!!!

Thanks.....

(needless to say the old remote used to operate the VCR just fine)

Reply to
NewarkShark