Is there any Archive of Radio Shack schematics & manuals online?

I recall when Radio Shack had schematics for every one of their items. Brands like Archer, Micronta, Tandy, Realistic etc.

Radio shack items will be around for a long time, and I have many of them. But the website is gone.

If anyone knows a URL that has all the schamatics, please post it. I may go on a downloading binge and download all the schamatics and manuals, before they are completely gone.

I used to think that webites remained on the web forever, but that is not the case. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have downloaded this stuff long ago.

Reply to
oldschool

seems to have a fairly large assortment of manuals for all sorts of RS stuff.

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

The web site above also has a few Micronta and Realistic manuals as well as RS brand.

Another repository at

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

Yet another at

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

That does seem to have a lot of them, but I can only view them page by page. To download them, they require a CAPCHA. If I said what I think about capchas, I'd be banned from the newsgroup for using foul language. If I can even read the f**king things, they do not work on my slow dialup system, nor do they work on my cellphone. I'd like to shoot every one of the sons of a b***hes who use them idiotic things. They serve no purpose whatsoever.

Reply to
oldschool

Doing a little research on my own, I ran across this site.

It has info and schematics for a lot of the RadioShack Ham gear, including scanners, weather radios, test equipment and more. They do NOT encourage other R.S. consumer electronics (I wish they would), but it's a decent site, even if it's a bit disorganized.

Best of all, no f**king Capchas......

Reply to
oldschool

Why don't you contact the owners of those sites and see if they would be amenable to allowing you to set up a mirror of their manual collections? That would go a long way toward insuring that the manuals would survive for a reasonably long time (maybe outliving the site owners).

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

about capchas, I'd be banned from the newsgroup for using foul language. "

You can't be banned. Go ahead and cut loose.

Reply to
jurb6006

Although it's possible, I dont have a website. Back in the 90's anyone could make a simple HTML website, but these days that's no longer possible.

Plus, since I am on dialup, I much prefer just storing data on my own computer. I have 1TB of storage space, so it's a lot easier to have it right here at home.

Heck, just this week, I went to a WIFI and downloaded 140 episodes of one of my favorite old 1960s TV series (from youtube). It took me about

7 hours of downloading, and ended up being around 22GB. But now I can watch these anytime anywhere.

That's not real possible with these sites that require a person to go thru multiple stems and enter a Captcha, for each download.

Reply to
oldschool

It is. Google sites, no need for html even.

need plenty of backups then.

I'm doubtful you'd get permission from a website, but the question is not what they say but who owns the copyright.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr