Is it possible to Flash Eprom....

hi

I got a sony CPD-E220 Monitor.You might know sony doesn't even care
on crt monitors.My monitor does'nt work,when it boots it shuts down
itself(tik sound heared) and the led changes to amber.so i took to a
service center,they told the Eprom has been corrupted(even checked with
in-built diagnosis,no display :( ).The tech guy quote me pretty high
price which imo not worthy!.I decided to do some research and do it
myself.this way work out much cheaper

found the eprom chip M24C16BN6
found the software needed @ denom.com

guys,i need some clarifications

First of all,could this be eprom corruption or chip damage?

It is possible and good idea to do this way?any complex work needed?(i
got the eprom program in hex format and the chip)

If possible,how to flash them?any specific method needed?

How abt the error rate?if any prob occur for eg:bad flash will it spoil
the monitor?

Thanks in advance

--
neolly

Re: Is it possible to Flash Eprom....

bump

anyone

--
neolly

Re: Is it possible to Flash Eprom....
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:08:18 +0100, neolly

You need an Eprom programmer such as the one we offer at
www.anatekcorp.com/testequipment/versaprog.htm

John
AnaTek Corporation
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com

Re: Is it possible to Flash Eprom....

And if you're on a budget, something like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item75%31713121&category46%61&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I have one and have been very impressed, it handles every type of memory
chip I've tried.

Keep in mind you'll still need a source for the software that goes on the
eeprom.

Re: Is it possible to Flash Eprom....
Weird, sounds more like a faul causing the PSU to shut down, either that or
it's not detecting (or recieving) the signal from the PC. I think EPROMS are
the last place to look. That service shop might be trying to rip you off.
Get a second opinion.

JD

Re: Is it possible to Flash Eprom....
if ticking, the first circuit to check is horizontal deflection and
then power supply, but if you know nothing about repairs leave it to
profesional engineer.... it can be little thing, but don't have to....

Site Timeline