Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR won't turn on

Hi, I have an Insignia TV/VCR/DVD combo model NS-19RTR (mfg 05/06) in my repair shop that won't turn on. Note: I do not have a SM. This set was turned off during a storm but a storm related power surge damaged it.

The main fuse is good. Raw B+ is 171V (aok), the regulated B+ measured

+43V which doesn't change when pressing the Power button. I also found a +5V source and that was ok. There was no visual sign of damage (eg. burnt component) anywhere. I tested several parts such as diodes, etc.

Has anyone repaired this or a similar model that was damaged by a power surge? Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:17:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Brad) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Here is a site offering spare parts for your device:

Typing "FBT" into the search box produces a part number of LTF00CPXB048 for a "TRANS FBT JF0501-3201A-G".

FWIW, a Google search for LTF00CPXB048 then finds a Funai 6719DG (Sylvania) 19" colour TV/VCR/DVD.

Searching for "vertical" in Best Buy's database produces "QSBBA0SSY003" and "VERTICAL OUTPUT IC LA78040A".

A search with Google on ...

"QSBBA0SSY003" filetype:pdf

... then finds ...

It may be that one or more of the above PDFs has a similar PSU circuit. If not, then you could repeat the procedure for other major ICs, eg the jungle IC.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 08:23:55 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

I suggest that the OP saves the "View as HTML" version of the service manual (the PDF link is dead) before it expires from Google's cache.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:17:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Brad) put finger to keyboard and composed:

The Best Buy parts site suggested that other models using the same FBT as the Insignia NS-19RTR are the Funai 6720FDG and the Funai MWC20T6/TV.

Service Manuals:

Owner's Manuals:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar