Industrial Sewing Machine motor brushes - Sandor Corp manf

Hope someone here can be of help. I have a motor that needs the carbon brushes replaced but can't find parts or anyone willing to repair it. Looks like a fairly easy replacement (couple solder joins) if I can find parts. I need the brushes for this model. Brushes are 7/8 or 1 inch long by 1/4 in (h & w). The connector is on the side of the long portion, toward the back. The copper wire is about 1 " long or so. There is a number on the brush that is not broken, and it's a 608 or

908, can't tell. I need to get the part(s) and get sewing..can't find anywhere & don't want to buy an entire motor.

Second Question..just in case, would a 1/2 hp Singer sewing machine motor work as replacement..same rpm & voltage. The current motor goes counter clockwise, and the Singer is reversable.

The motor is labeled: Nustyle (machine brandname)

90 VDC RED? POS FOR CCWSE Model 1(?)70-210 021 Sandor Corp (now Leeson) Sedalia MO

Model number first diget very faded, think it's a 1

I put photos of the parts & motor at:

Can also email to you. The above allows for a bit larger photo than I can send email

I am confident enough to replace the brushes..they look to be able to be replaced without having to disturb the solder, if not..soldering should not be hard (have soldering iron for stained glass).

If you know where I can get the parts, would be great, the manufacturer has not replied.

Thanks for trying to help Marge

Reply to
Margecam52

Some of the Ace Hardware stores sell motor brushes back in the hardware/nuts/bolts section in those pull out drawers.

Reply to
Ken Layton

Reply to
Margecam52

How about McMastercarr pn 65705K51........Paul

catguy

I'd go about it the other way round - find ones oversize with the correct springs. They're only carbon, and easy to shape to size. Put some fine abrasive sheet - sandpaper even - on a glass sheet or other flat surface and rub the brush on it until the correct dimensions are obtained.

--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks... ordered a set just in case the motor I got on ebay will not fit. I'll also be going to my local Ace hardware when they open... would like to use machine today. Have several quilts that need to get finished. You all (guess I should say Youawl) have been a big help. Marge Campbell Littlefield TX

Reply to
Margecam52

Reply to
Margecam52

That works like a champ. The spring and connecting wire are more important than the size - I use a fine cut bastard file to take them to size.

If you use sandpaper, avoid getting abrasive particles in the commutator -

default