Identify transistor?

Repairing a small circuit. Q1 is a small transister marked 603 9ze. I can't find any data on this marking. Help? Thanks JR

Reply to
JR North

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 21:44:37 +0000 (UTC), JR North put finger to keyboard and composed:

It might help if we knew which marking, if any, was the date code. Are there similar transistors, and if so, what are their markings? What are the date codes in the ICs, if any?

Are the other components of Japanese or US origin, or somewhere else? That might help us narrow down the manufacturer.

Is it a MOSFET or a BJT? P-channel, N-channel, NPN, PNP?

What is its function? Is it part of a power supply? Switchmode? Linear?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

603 must be the date code 9ze gives as a result a XC6209 or XC6212 circuit which is a sot23-5 1.5V LDO ? can be that ?

if not please give the exact package it may help.

--
Kripton

the ESR Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html
the Geiger Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/geiger-repositor.html
Reply to
Kripton

Try looking up a 2SC2603, it's a fairly standard signal transistor. Due to it's small size, they abbreviate the number to 603. Fairly common in consumer electronics.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias