I want to join this group How?

I want to join this group How? I am from Indonesia

Reply to
budi

No action necessary.

Shorter version: Google Groups is not usenet. Usenet is not Google Groups. Not is not is not is.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Welcome! It's very easy to join. Simply send me $99.95 and you will receive your membership card and secret decoder ring.

Reply to
Forrest

Just go ahead and post your question, if that's what you are looking to do. Or if you want to contribute to an existing thread, then just use your newsreader client's "Reply to Group" facility.

The convention on Usenet, is to bottom post, which tends to keep the threads a bit easier to follow. It's not a hard and fast requirement, but if most people bottom post, and a couple of people then top post in the same thread, it can get a bit confusing to see exactly who is responding to what.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Welcome, You've joined. Just post your questions and or answers.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Send $30.00 US International money order to:

Arfa Daily

31 Royal Hill Greenwich London SE10 8RR
Reply to
Meat Plow

Wouldn't you rather have 30 euros?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I know all that. But the euro is currently worth more than the dollar. Therefore...

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Ah yes, I see where you're coming from. $30 would make me about £15, whereas e30 ( I haven't got the silly symbol, so you'll have to make do with "e") would net me 20 odd quid ... Still, I'd then have to convert from the Disney money into real UK money, so what with the commission and the hassle of going to the bank to do it, I probably wouldn't be much in. No, on balance, if anyone from your side of the pond feels inclined to send me any arbitrary amount of money, for any arbitrary reason, just do it in $ US, cash in an envelope. Then I'll just hang onto it, and spend it next time I'm over there d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Just for sport, I just had a look for that address on my GPS. Would you believe that there doesn't actually seem to be a street in London called "Royal Hill" ? Surprised me ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

GPS update required. First result from google for that postcode leads to:- Metropolitan Police Service Police (Police, Fire, Ambulance) based in the Royal Hill area of London Tel: xxx xxx1212 Address: Greenwich Police Station, 31 Royal Hill London SE10 8RR

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Would you believe there are many new streets in many countries that are not yet in GPS maps?

Reply to
Don Bowey

Greenwich ain't too new though ... !! Actually, I've come across this before. I think that the search algorithm on my GPS is not terribly good (it is quite old). I've asked it for a route to somewhere that I know exists, and it just denies that it is in the database. Then I go and look manually on the displayed map and lo! there it is ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

But I believe there's a Ha Ha Hill - not a million miles from SE10, as it turns out!

Reply to
Terry F.

Not quite, until Buddi paypals me....Heehee.......Dontchaknow?............

Reply to
Jakthehammer

In other cases a map may contain streets and addresses from planning documents. My daughter's new home is in a blank area of the map, but the GPS shows me there ok.

In another case, a map area was plotted with knowledge of a new development, but major changes were made in the actual development, so the GPS addresses have no correlation to many of the streets.

Reply to
Don Bowey

I had that problem with my Magellan. Not with the TomTom though, what a kick ass GPS. All my friends want to borrow the damn thing especially a friend who is a retired Secret Service agent and now a private investigator. I told him I was going to start renting it out so he went and bough his own TomTom :) I guess the laugh is on me though because he paid a lot less for his than mine and granted it isn't as sophisticated as mine but it does the same things the same way.

Reply to
Meat Plow

My son has got a job as a relief manager for a chain of bookies, and they keep sending him all over the entire area. His idea of local geography is - how shall we put it kindly ? - lets say 'sketchy' at best, so he keeps 'borrowing' my GPS. So far, it seems to be finding all of the shops that he has to get to, but sooner or later, I guess I'm going to be taking that frantic phone call when both he, and the GPS, are utterly lost in a field somewhere ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Please do tell, what is a "chain of bookies"; across the pond the term has a rather distinctive and unsavory meaning ;-)

Michael

Reply to
msg