hp printer 0xc05d1281 error code also ink exceeded threshold

any help is greatly appreciated this machine will have to be junked if i cant fix it does any one know MFG code

  • + # then 1, 2, 4 i got that far then i need help i put it in MFG user mode found out it had an exceeded ink threshold error when rebooted also when rebooting i saw a checkboard pattern then a color bar pattern. now i got out of MFG mode and back the originial trouble.

being a master technicain myself i thought you guys could put me on the right track i havent used this site in a while hoping it is still monitored.

thanks samuel

Reply to
tronic

Don't have this printer (normally sling them) but is ...

any help?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

I already found the internet "fix it sites" they are of no use anymore. i need an HP tech or someone who might have worked for them who would know this error. (ink exceeded threshold) do not ship under the MFG user menu .

does anyone know how to user the MFG - user menu on these units.

Reply to
tronic

tronic Inscribed thus:

Is it possible that the waste ink container is full !

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

ext -

sure the waste ink container why didn't i think of that.

oh yeah because if the "waste ink container" was full I WOULD HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER WITH IT ON IT!

that is funny though

ok i guess me search is elsewhere there are no more brilliant people on here

where is the hp tech when you need him/her?

Reply to
tronic

Damn. I was going to add my advice to this thread, but not now. Go f*ck yourself and the printer you rode in on, asshole.

Reply to
JW

xt -

well see it just goes to show you... JW is one of those brilliant people i was talking about

Reply to
tronic

+1
Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

ok i am sorry for insulting this site and the technicians in it.

this machine doesnt have a waste ink absorber or container or such, at least none that i can find.

thanks for your advice Baron

Reply to
tronic

Next time you ask a question, please include the model number of the printer. I found it in another message you posted:

Good. Start searching on the HP support forums:

There's one message asking about this specific error code, that appeared after an "expired" cartridge was replaced. However, there was no answer.

In the future, if you expect sane answers, try not to insult those that are wasting their time trying to be helpful.

India.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Ok, you're forgiven. For penitence, find someone with a problem in this newsgroup, and do the necessary research needed to fix their problem. Try not to get frustrated by the general lack of supplied information. I think the experience might do you some good.

You didn't look very hard. Apply power, lift the lid, and wait for the ink cart carrier to move to the center of the machine. If you look towards the right and down, you'll see a large felt pad covered with wet ink. That's the common excuse for an ink absorber found in commodity printers. Replacing the felt pad or cleaning it is a major operation. What often happens is a cartridge leaks or drips onto the pad, eventually saturating it. Sometimes, it builds a stalagmite mount that will hit the head. When that happens, the printer generates some manner of error message, but I'm too lazy to find it. There's also an optical sensor that might get sprayed with ink. I don't recall if the C6180 has a encoder strip along the head traveler, but that sometimes gets sprayed with ink.

However, the Error 0xc05d1281 means "Ink System Failure" which might mean that you have ink all over the contacts, a defective refill, cracked head, shredded flex PCB on the head, shredded ribbon cable on the traveler, crappy connection from the ribbon cable to the PCB, or some genuine blown electronics. Hard to tell from here. I've fixed similar mysterious problems by simply cleaning everything, and reseating accessible connectors.

Anyway, go ask your question in the HP AOI Support Forum and you'll probably get a better answer.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Amazing what one can find with Google:

"Ali, i had the same code show uphoto in my c-8180. Unplug the power from behind the printer, then wait 60 seconds. Hold down the "print photo" and "cancel" at the same time. You should be able to see it with a blank screen for several seconds and then presto! Try again and again if at first it doesnt work. I was able to reset mine just a couple of days ago."

Yes, I know you have a C6180 and this if for a C8180 but try it anyway.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

thanks i was using the MFG mode and and was able to print .since the black ink doesnt work i was getting blank pages. i did manage to print the ink alignment page from there and found that ly cyan was not printing.

i will clean the ink cartridge carrier and lines and contacts , let you know what i find.

thanks samuel

Reply to
tronic

You really need a better strategy when seeking help. Being obnoxious to those people whose suggestions don't pan out is not the way to go.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Oh, one day an "it" in the cloud. Can you imagine a computer programmed to *completely* understand speech, speaking to ya with a *completely human* but synthesised voice? Oh, and some actual working neural network assisted IQ.

May not be perfect in this decade, but certainly the next and definately before the end of time (where it would correctly phone up and insult someone's Mother-in-Law but unwittingly cause global nuclear meltdown).

There will be lots of phone tech support humans thrown planetwide out of work in the neverending chase to provide service at highest profit margin. There will also be all the phone-sex gals also thrown out of work, the human like mucky responses by the machines would be so 'good'.

What will all these people do?

"I've got a good brush here, er, ye don't want to stick your feet in that there robot! How would you like ya shoes shined sir?"

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Sure. I've seen the human version in action. Have you ever had to call any government office asking for help? Perhaps call a service company asking for a billing adjustment? Well, that's exactly what such an IVR (interactive voice response) system will sound like. The computer will simply convert the human idiocy into computerized idiocy. "I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying..."

Unlikely but possible. Think of it this way... The same government that can't balance its own budget, will soon be tasked with balancing yours.

With all the out of work support and IT people, nobody will have the money to pay for the phone sex anyway. Think of outsourcing and computerization as self-limiting. When the money runs out, it stops.

Dunno. Probably live on government welfare, supported by the few that are still working. Of course, nobody will actually be producing anything, as all manufacturing will be shipped overseas to preserve the ecology or something. So, domestic commerce will be largely administrative and managerial, where everyone is a supervisor. Visualize a department full of people organized to tell the one person doing productive work what to do, when to do it, how to do it, etc. (I've actually seen this in action).

It's more likely that the robot will want his shoes shined, and has the money to pay for it. Next step would be a constitutional amendment, giving robots the vote.