HP Pavilion N3390 Laptop CMOS Battery Location

Hi, I have replaced the RTC/CMOS batteries on some of my old laptops, and it is a big help if I know in advance the location of that battery.

I failed to find the location of this battery on the web for my HP Pavilion N3390 laptop. Note: I was ripped off at

when I was misled with their claim to have a service manual. What I paid for turned out to be a user manual (I already have).

I will be very grateful to anyone who can tell me the location of the CMOS battery.

Thank You in advance, John

Reply to
jaugustine

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 08:00:58 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

I would have thought that this battery would be a user replaceable item, in which case it should be identified in the user manual.

If it's not a user replaceable item, then perhaps it is integrated into the RTC/CMOS RAM IC. Do you see any "fat" ICs?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

That takes the fun out tearing apart a laptop.

I couldn't find any useful docs for something that old. Nothing on the HP web pile.

I have some photos of a similar HP N5250 laptop: I don't see the battery in the photos. As I vaguely recall, it was under the touchpad and I had to remove the palm rest plastic in order to get to it. I should have some similar antiques in the office and can check tomorrow (time permitting).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Hi Jeff,

I did not disassemble my laptop yet, but if I knew that the battery is somewhere under the touch pad, that would be very helpful. If this was my only laptop, I probably would have found it by now. Fortunately, I have other laptops I can use in the meantime.

Thank You for your help, John

Reply to
jaugustine

Sorry, I forgot. I just checked the junk pile and there's nothing similar to be found. I'm afraid you'll have to open it up and look around. Look under the various trap doors on the bottom first. Look under the battery. Although my photos show nothing under the keyboard, look under there anyway. Those are the usual hiding places. However, if those fail, my best guess(tm) is under or near the touchpad. Good luck.