HP a4576 image rotation

The image jumps between normal and around 5 degrees counter clockwise and back again at odd intervals,what should I be looking for? I think sony made this one

Reply to
Luddite

Two things, first put the rotation at the center of it's range, then loosen the yoke clamp, break it loose and get the raster straight. then push hard towards the front of the tube and tighten the clamp.

If you then see impurities or other color abberations you can learn how to set it up, or pay someone who knows how.

It is not going to come out perfect, but it might be acceptable. Then deal with the rotation circuit, it is bound to be loose connections, resolder them.

If the circuit really is erratic and screws things up, just disconnect it after setting the yoke. You won't have perfection, but then that is available at the store, for a price.

Good luck.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Thats what I was thinking but,I'm not familiar with ratation controls. I did find a pdf of the schematic online and it looks simple enough to remove if it comes to that,thanks

Reply to
Luddite

I did that and found a new problem,the width expands for an instant at odd times like the rotation did. both may have been happening at the same time but only the rotation was noticed. suggestions? all size controls are working

Reply to
Luddite