HP 8000 printer repair

I'm working on an 8000 with feed problems, and wonder if there's a good forum for detailed help on same.

I found it a duplexer, but it fails every time with the paper midway through it.

-- A host is a host from coast to snipped-for-privacy@nrk.com & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433 is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433

Reply to
David Lesher

If its anything like photocopiers and assuming you mean either midway through machine body or halfway at paper entry then probably a misplaced or malfunctioning extended lever microswitch/shuttered optoswitch at that posistion

N_Cook

Open the duplexer and the printer and you'll find some solenoids that control paper movement and timing. HP uses some felt pads on the frame to reduce noise. The glue turns to gooo and causes the armature to stick. I wrote cleaning instructions for the HP2200 printer, which has the same solenoids and problems.

For help with HP printers, I suggest:

Look for postings by Moe (the owner of the site).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com