How to unzip PCX file service manuals

14" Citizen tv model:JCTV1578,year:Dec 1993,CSA File No:LL79940,UL Listed:43K3 (Funai/Symphonic):

To look up the FCC ID code,UL and/or the CSA file #:

(schematics too)

CSA Canada Ph:1-800-463-6727

same as:

Emerson model:TC1371 & TC1372 and 20" Citizen model:JCTV3076

The volume is maxed out even though the volume bar is set at minimum,I replaced IC301=TA8680BN=NTE7010,I downloaded the 1MB service manual or schematics from:

then click on "click here to see the files" followed by "video" followed by "products". I downloaded the service manual from the direct link:

JCTV1578.ZIP

but when I unzipped it,the files are in PCX format,does anyone know where I can download the PCX software required or find a way to unzip it and make it work?.Thanks in advance for help.

Sidney E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

Hi Sidney...

Greeting from Winnipeg... :)

.pcx's are an older image format. Just look at them (or print them from) an image viewing program. (photoshop, paint shop pro, etc)

If you have none available, google for and download the freeware irfanview to use.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

PCX is a real old graphic format. It could be read by the original Microsoft Paintbrush program, and I think by some early versions of Microsoft Paint. If you can get access to an older PC, you might have some luck.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Like Ken wrote, you can see the files with Irfanview. It's a great picture viewer program, an it's free. You can download it from here:

Mikey