How to set up Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 as an Access Point, wired to a wired extender, on WISP?

I'm setting up a Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 400 as an access point, wired to a router which itself is wired to the main router, which itself is connected to a WISP antenna on the roof.

Here's where I'm stuck. Anyone know the next step?

First, I reset the Nanobeam to factory defaults.

- I connected the Nanobeam to a 12-to-24VDC 500ma-to-1A POE port RJ45.

- I ensured the Nanobeam first of six LEDs is lit green (power LED).

- I held the reset button in for about a dozen seconds (all lights flash). NOTE: There is no need to cycle the power; it can stay on all this time.

Then I connected to the Nanobeam from a Windows XP computer:

- Connect the POE LAN port to the WinXP computer RJ45.

- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections

- Check that the wireless Network Connection is disabled (it's too confusing).

- Right click on the "Local Area Connection" & select "Properties".

- Doubleclick on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"

- Write down the settings (because you need to reset them when you're done).

- Doubleclick on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" & set is as follows: (o) Use the following IP address IP address 192.168.1.199 Run > cmd C:> ipconfig Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.199 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.20

- On WinXP, bring up a browser and log into http://192.168.1.20 Username = ubnt Password = ubn

Now what?

Reply to
Niamh Bodkin

The Troll is back, please don't feed the Troll!

Reply to
pfjw