How can I silence my Samsonite travel alarm clock?

How can I silence my Samsonite travel alarm clock?

My wife has a travel alarm clock bearing the Samsonite name. Sorry, but I can't find a model number on it. It's a fine clock, but with one big problem -- when she wants to check the time at night by pressing "LIGHT", a fairly loud beep is emitted. Is there any way to deactivate this beep? It's driving me crazy.

Reply to
cawatk

S&W will cure it.

Reply to
kip

How can we stop you multi posting?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Masking tape or duct tape over the holes where the sound comes out should reduce the volume quite a lot

H. R. Hofmann

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
hrhofmann

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:57:16 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@att.net Has Frothed:

Won't that also mute the alarm ?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

That's certainly the discussion in the other newsgroups that the original poster foolishly posted the question to, one newsgroup by one newsgroup.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I would consider a new alarm clock for that purpose! They are not very expensive these days...

--

JANA _____

My wife has a travel alarm clock bearing the Samsonite name. Sorry, but I can't find a model number on it. It's a fine clock, but with one big problem -- when she wants to check the time at night by pressing "LIGHT", a fairly loud beep is emitted. Is there any way to deactivate this beep? It's driving me crazy.

Reply to
JANA

I've the same problem with other brands of alarm-clocks, apparently designers belive this makes the clock more attractive. Not only the light but pressing any button will beep and this is specially annoying when you are setting the alarm time late at night.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Well you could disconnect the beeper, but then it won't make a very good alarm clock.

It may be possible to wire up a separate circuit for the light if there's room in there. If the light button has no other functions you could cut the connection to isolate it and reuse that button.

Reply to
James Sweet

Put a miniature switch in series with the sounder, then you can turn it off while setting or using the light. This assumes that you will remember to turn it back on for the alarm function.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

snipped-for-privacy@att.net ha escrit:

A bit more automatic, instead of a switch a MOS transistor controlled by all the switches so that it is always polarized except when a switch is pushed. Diodes may be used to form an OR gate. But this is something I would not do to these cheapie clocks.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul