how 2 reset EPROM

I found this 8-pin EPROM 24L028 inside my dead laptop battery. Is there a way 2 reset it so I can rebuild the battery ? can anyone help plz ? thanks Sam- Toronto

Reply to
Goldenshuttle

24L028 ?

Are you sure ? Didn't even find this reference in google !

Reply to
BrettZell

On Sat, 13 May 2006 00:33:38 GMT, BrettZell put finger to keyboard and composed:

24L02B ?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Oh dear , plz forgive me guys I made a mistake...the EPROM was 24LC028 and beside it, there was a 5-LED battery state monitor IC type bq2060ss

Reply to
Goldenshuttle

On 13 May 2006 22:10:20 -0700, "Goldenshuttle" put finger to keyboard and composed:

It looks like you need to reset the BQ2060SS IC, not the EEPROM. The latter holds data pertaining to battery chemistry, amp-hour rating, etc.

See

================================================================== The bq2060 can be reset with commands over the HDQ16 or SMBus. Upon reset, the bq2060 initializes its internal registers with the information contained in the configuration EEPROM. The following command sequence initiates a full bq2060 reset:

Write 0x4f to 0xff5a Write 0x7d to 0x0000 Write 0x7d to 0x0080 ==================================================================

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc, I must say that people like you make Google Groups work 2 its full potential..thanks alot dude..I shall try 2 write externally, but with care due 2 SMD soldering. I shall also search the net for a software that can access and write throu the laptop itself. Give me advice or wish me luck...million thanks dude...

Reply to
Goldenshuttle

And Google Groups makes usenet (what you're *actually* reading) suck royally. Google Groups has a broken interface. On usenet it's customary to quote what you are replying to; on Google Groups you have to hit "options" then "reply" to do this, rather than use the obvious "reply" button. Quote, then trim away any excess, then put your reply below what you've quoted (or intersperse reply and quoting, if appropriate). This makes it easy to follow the conversation, especially when returning to a thread you've half-read before and you're only looking at new posts (Google Groups can't do this at all, it just shows you the whole thread, but proper newsreader software can do this and more).

You can access the same groups faster and more flexibly using a dedicated usenet client, rather than Google's broken web interface. A web search for "usenet" or "newsgroups" should get you started.

Tim

--
Did I really still have that sig?
Reply to

And the reason this is important is that Google does not actually host the whole service and it does not reside on Google's servers (well, it does, along with hundreds of others). Messages are exchanged among servers and do not reach every server at the same time or in the right order. At any moment, some readers of any thread are going to be missing some of the most recent messages in it.

If Google ran the whole thing, everybody would be looking at Google's server, which would always have all the messages in the right order. But Google doesn't own Usenet, much as it would like to. Usenet dates back to the 1970s and Google Groups is just one way to get access to it.

Reply to
mc

I don't completely agree. I agree that the quote is necessary in many cases, but in Goldenshuttle's case, for example, IMO he did right when he didn't quote, as his message was rather just thanking for Franc and telling what is he himself going to do next, without replying to anyone. Franc probably knows for what is he being thanked, and I don't think that it interests others :-)

But even more annoying is to include a long "full-quote" without clipping, and the most annoying thing is to write the reply above the quote, aka top-posting. I have a statement "I don't help top-posters".

Reply to
simo.kaltiainen

Reply to
Mike Berger

If you really want to help us use google groups to its full potential, please SPELL your words instead of making them up. Somebody might google an expression like "how to reset EPROM". They are very unlikely to try 2 figyour aut "how 2 reset EPROM". It's not much harder to type "to" than "2" but makes things so much clearer.

Goldenshuttle wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

Yes, really.

But when quoted correctly (only necessary lines included, other removed), there will be no more text to scroll than the text you _must_ read _before_ the new text, to know where is the new text replied to. Then your argument isn't valid anymore. And the most annoying thing is that I need to scroll down first to know where is the reply to, and then scroll back to read the reply. Like in your message.

Yes, but including the quote below the reply doesn't make it more interesting. And if the quote is after the actual message, it doesn't mean that there isn't more of the new message below the quote, which is below the first (and maybe the only) part of the new message. So you must scroll down, however. And if you really think that the quote, which you place below your message, is needless to read, why do you include it at all?

And as I said already, a "full-quote", without any clipping, is very annoying, independently to its place.

Reply to
simo.kaltiainen