Horizontal Bars on New LCD and Plasma TVs - HELP!

I have a 50 inch Plasma and a 32 inch LCD TV that have a horizontal "band" that is about 10 inches or so wide that scrolls up the screen constantly (which is driving me crazy). The Plasma has a line that constantly scrolls, but the color of the content is fine. The bar on the LCD causes the color of the underlying content to wash out (for example, if you watch a football game, the field under the band would be brownish instead of green). I have Comcast HDTV DVR boxes on both. Does anyone know what the problem might be. One other point - I was watching a DVD with the cable box off, and still saw the line scrolling. Any advice would improve my mental health. Thanks, DougBronx

Reply to
DougBronx

Could there be an appliance in the house causing electrical interference?

Reply to
James Sweet

Since you have the same symtoms on both sets, it probably is an interference source within your house. Check for cell phone chargers, or other wall wart switchers plugged in near the sets. The one I had for an old Nokia phone was unbelievably noisy, neatly wiped out a chunk of the AM broadcast band. regards, tom

Reply to
t.hoehler

Try unplugging all peripherals - do they then still do it using their own tuners? It sounds like some form of video breakthrough.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)