Hitachi TV overscanning to left

Just picked up a 12 year-old Hitachi TV which seems to be overscanning (I think that's the right expression) to the left, i.e. the picture extends to the left beyond the limit of the screen. The centre and right of the picture appear to be where they should be. It seems to be more of a problem with AV input (via SCART lead) than with the regular analogue channels, but that might be because the former have subtitles which I can see (or rather can't see, on the left).

If this sounds familiar to anyone, I'd be interested to hear.

Reply to
hooch

What's the horizontal linearity like? - might be a S/C linearity coil, otherwise check the condition of the flyback tuning capacitors or check what type of pincushion circuit the set uses - there could be leaky E/W diodes.

Reply to
ian field