High voltage electrolytic capacitor availability for old tube amp.

I have replaced filters in this old Bogen tube amp once and it just came back after four months with the new ones leaky again. The new ones were old stock but just to be on the safe side, I did "form" them before I put them in and they seeemd OK. The B+ off the 5AR4 is 425 volts. I used 30 MFD. 450 volt caps and monitored amplifier warm up and didn't notice any surge before the rest of the tubes warmed up so I figured I was all set. Now I'm thinking that I should be using perhaps

475 or even 500WV caps, but can you still even get these that would not be old stock and possibly worse that the ones in there now? I could drop the B+ but I would rather not do that unless I really have to. Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
Reply to
captainvideo462002

Ken Weitzel

CDE / Mallory still makes capacitors in the Carolinas. Large on-line database catalog

You can go to 550 volts with the DCMC and 500C series (CDE) and 500 volt with 520c, 550c, 380l/lx AND 382l/lx series

You may want to look at a long load life, if this is a continuous duty application.

for Mallory models - CGH goes to 500 V

CDE were selling on-line small orders, but distributors complained - SO the deal is -- your distributor CAN NOT turn down your request - regardless of quantity.

Mouser is very good in getting these items for you.

gb

Reply to
g. beat

tempus fugit