High power wireless intercom

I have an application where a truck will pull onto a scale, the driver will press a call button and a wireless talk path then must be opened up to a distant office. The office is abouut 2000ft. away from the scale. We would prefer hands feee VOX perhaps talk and listen on both ends, in fact duplex if available would be great. Does anyone know of such a system? Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

but range 1000 ft. but low cost. they have others also

Reply to
lakewood

GMRS radios. Cost about $39 each at radio shack. License is something like fifty bucks for seven years for your company. There are rechargeable and expendable battery powered ones. When someone drops it into the rock crusher, you send someone out to walmart to buy another.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

FRS is the non-commercial one. GMRS is commercially licensable, unless the FCC changed the rules again on me. GMRS and FRS do have some frequencies in common, so they can talk to each other. Of course, if the OP is not in the USA, then this doesn't apply.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Nope. Businesses CANNOT get a GMRS license. Only individuals can get a GMRS license. The FCC changed the regulations decades ago.

See regulation part (b):

Sec. 95.5 Licensee eligibility.

(a) An individual (one man or one woman) is eligible to obtain, renew, and have modified a GMRS system license if that individual is 18 years of age or older and is not a representative of a foreign government. (b) A non-individual (an entity other than an individual) is ineligible to obtain a new GMRS system license or make a major modification to an existing GMRS system license (see Sec. 1.929 of this chapter).

Reply to
jlwsecure-google

Okay. I've only been renewing licenses for quite some time now, so they changed the rules on me. Damn bureaucrats. Of course, given the lax enforcement that the FCC seems to exercise on businesses using FRS/GMRS radios, they probably could use them anyway. Half the retail stores I walk into lately have their employees using FRS radios around the store.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer

Motorola has systems like that -- they're very expensive (and rugged and reliable).

The range you're looking at is a stretch for most consumer type off-the-shelf equipment. One creative way to do it would be to use inexpensive 802.11 wi-fi hardware with VOIP running between the nodes.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger