HH IC100L amp from 1977

Been used as 1ch amp for 20 years but now wanting ch2 up and working. Someone in the 80s must have tried repairing, replacing a TBA231 with a

741 where it was a blown associated 741 , still there,now changed, that was probably the problem. TBA231 unobtanium (sensibly) datasheet

Have tried cobbling together 2 x LM301 wired onto a DIL socket and have the ch2 working but fixed volume. Vol pot is fine. What would be the generic name for this sort of vol control, wiper to gnd and track ends of pot via loads of Rs and Cs to the dual TBA B side output and inv i/p of A and inv i/p of B , be called? The ch1 vol control is the same wiper gnd and that is working order and the wiring looks the same .

Reply to
N_Cook

The volume is fixed, at probably 50 percent There are 6.8uF electrolytics in the circuit. Would the circuit configuration be bass-boosted at low volume, to avoid the need for a 4 terminal pot?

Reply to
N_Cook

N_Cook schrieb:

Hi,

a few minutes ago I sent you an e-mail and offered one piece for free. Unfortunately, the mail bounced. What a pity ...

Bye

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

All electros have good ESR. The grounded wiper circuit is probably like the vol controls on this HH schematic

The IC100 amp involves a pair of 4.7 ohm resistors around the TBA opamp pairs of each ch

Reply to
N_Cook

Disconnecting the R-C of 100nF+4.7R (lag input A x2 pins of the TBA231 and B the same) from the 2x LM301 p1-p8 f-comp pins, returns something like normal vol/tone function in comparison to ch1. Will have to take some ch1/ch2/f comparison readings

Reply to
N_Cook

His current email is on

Not everyone who posts to usenet uses a real email address in headers, including me.

I'm actually a multimillionaire that owns a jet boat, an airliner and half a country. Just don't want Nigerian scammers fishing for some of that.

--
Adrian C
Reply to