Here's the deal on that water heater

So I got clarification on the water heater situation. In the past they had an instant on water heater and it was disliked. After a kitchen remodel they looked once again at one of these but realized that their new sink does not have a hole for another dispenser of any type. So in order to get hot water fast they need a small water heater that is inline with the regular hot water line and comes out of the faucet. That's why the one in my shop intertested them so much, because that's how I have it plumbed. This means that even if the hot water isn't being used in the sink the water in the small tank may cool enough to turn on the heating element while the diswasher is running. That's why the need for something to prevent the heater from coming on when the dishwasher is running. Thanks to everybody who tried to convince me the desired relay device wasn't needed but it still turns out that it is needed. So, anybody know of one? Eric

Reply to
etpm

Eric,

Goggle the following.

I will let everyone else tell you why it won't work or otherwise.

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

HA HA HA

Nobody really knows how to do plumbing. you take that water heater and you can put it almost anywhere you want. now to your showers, you want a separa

ne flushes you don't get burnt. Well it usually isn't all that bad but it i sn't pleasant. Still, a properly designed system does not do that.

Because people can't do this now they got valves that regulate the temperat ure for the shower. And they cost, when all you had to do was to run a sepa rate cold from the main to all the showers.

Even then, to the hot at your sinks, dishwashers, tubs, washing machines, t here will still be pipes with cold water in them. And when you stop using i t that heat will go from the water into the house.

You want immediate, you said that. They make them. But they are not suited for like when you wash clothes. Made for intermittent use, ten loads of clo thes and I bet real money they are history.

People used to take water from the river, run it back to the house and pot by pot heating up on the wood stove filling a large, wide barrel for someon e to bathe. (three times a year whether they needed it or not)

They survived. If not we would not have been born.

Reply to
Jeff Urban