Help with Pioneer vsx-3600 receiver

Hi, all. My receiver goes off by itself when I turn it on. It also goes off whenever I push the cd, phono, tuner, vdp, etc. buttons. It is suppose to come on in the mode that it was last in, but it come on in the tuner mode at times. Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
leecappella
Reply to

"leecappella" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.homeimprovementbanter.com...

There's no magic fix for this one. Could be a bad muting transistor or an audio switch IC is bad. It's a 1991 model, the manual is not downloadable, and according to Pioneers' online parts resource, the hard copy manual isn't available either. There are some second sources for audio manuals, (Stout & Assoc. for one) some doing business on eBay, but the relevant question is:

Is it worth the cost and effort for a 15 year old mid-fi surround receiver which does not have modern features? My feeling is probably not....

Maybe better to shop for a new Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo. Can't really recommend Pioneer's current line of receivers.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias