Help with Atari Rush the Rock Schematics needed

I have two of these I'm fixing fro a friend and both have motor driver board issues I need schematics for a Atari 055315 driver board or would appreciate any thoughts on where to get one thanks in advance Bob

Reply to
Bob T

use "atari schematic" for keywords.

What the heck is Rush the Rocket?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Reply to
Bob T

How about scann>>

Reply to
Meat Plow

What sort of issues do the motor driver boards have? Are they complex? Usually that sort of thing is pretty easy to diagnose without a schematic.

Reply to
James Sweet

There is rec.games.video.arcade.collecting, but I think most of the techie types who post on there are on this group too.

Reply to
James Sweet

Try the forums at

Ken Layton

There are two boards each with different symptoms #1 has the drive such that the wheel pulled hard left I suspect a blown op amp opa541 the second jumps around when nothing should be happening intermittent I swapped the boards between machines and the problems followed. No obvious memory parts on the boards to I think I have some analog or drive problems

These machines were both bought recently and haven't worked since they were delivered so I suspected the usual broken or hairline cracks on electrolytic caps but found nothing

Reply to
Bob T

Start by checking the output devices, a shorted transistor in an H bridge will cause the motor to pull hard one direction. If you suspect an op-amp is bad, replace it, they're cheap, you can always desolder specific pins to isolate sections of the circuit and work your way back.

The jumping around randomly can be a lot harder to track down. Are you sure no decoupling capacitors got knocked off? Those can cause all sorts of gremlins.

Reply to
James Sweet