Help required for disassembly and trouble shooting SONY WEGA TV

My Sony Trinitron CRT Model KV AZ-212 MB3 ( SONY 21" CRT WEGA)was for a few months been showing a 'pincushion' ") (" type of screen which I tended to ignore.

Unitil suddenly it got worse and fumes started to emerge out of it. I have now opened it. But, I was finding it difficult to access the PCB. The moment the back cover is removed the front started to be quite unstable. The CRT is so heavy that I had to lay the TV with the screen facing down. After this, I am stuck as I do not know how to access the PCB. Now, only the back of the PCB is seen with the CRT facing down. Also, I have noticed that a diode is burned.

My query is as follows:

1) How to disassemble the TV properly? Any Instructions step by step? 2) how to access and remove the PCB? 3) What are the likely problems? 4) And the likely solutions? Thanks.
--
tifr
Reply to

En el artículo , tifr escribió:

No offence, but if you need to ask that sort of question you're not experienced enough to attempt repair of a TV set, particularly as they can carry dangerous voltages for a surprisingly long time after power has been unplugged.

Put the cover back on and take it to someone who is qualified to fix it. It's not a serious fault and an experienced technician will be able to sort it out in half an hour or so.

--
 (\_/)
(='.'=)

Thanks Mike for the advice. You guessed it right. Not a TV service person. But there is always a first time.

I know the fault may not be a major one and I have the feeling to be able to tackle it successfully. But I am stuck on the first step only.

The reason for my taking this up on my own is that there is nobody here who can do this work in this part of the country. Even if there is it could be a expensive now that people rarely service TVs.

I am relying a lot on this site for some moral and technical support.

Hope you will understand. Thanks again I will be careful.

--
tifr
Reply to

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:22:31 +0000, tifr put finger to keyboard and composed:

Do the following service manuals help at all?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks,

The first link leads to a page which says: 'the source is not trusted'. so I did not proceed further.

The 2nd link is a circuit diagram of the KV BT21M20. Hope that it is the one that I am looking for.!!! or something similar to what i need just now.!!

Any input on what could be the likely problem??

Reply to
tifr

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:56:39 +0000, tifr put finger to keyboard and composed:

If your chassis number matches that of the service manual (BX1S), then the circuit diagram should be similar.

I'm not familiar with your model, but I would start by working backwards from the fumes. As for the pincushion problem, troubleshoot the deflection board.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar