Help re-plumbing an air compressor.

You do have the check valve connected in the right direction?

Reply to
Jerry Peters

I have found the problem. Half of the check valve is part of a manifold. The manifold should hold a spring to push the ball against the seat. No Spring! Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I have found the problem. Half of the check valve is part of a manifold. The manifold should hold a spring to push the ball against the seat. No Spring! Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks for all the help guys, I bought a kit of springs at Home Depot, found one that looked right, installed it and it worked. I adjusted the pressure cut off switch for a lower pressure, it was factory adjusted

90/125. I changed it to 80/105. Thanks, Mikek
Reply to
amdx

Good job Mike. Much cheaper than a new compressor. Be sure to check the drain at the bottom of the tank. You don't want a lot (or any) of water building up inside.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Thanks, I'll check the drain. I was talking with my wife, figuring out when I got the compressor. It was some of my dads stuff that I got when he died a little over 10 years ago. I have another smaller compressor so I never cared to much about getting this one working. It the process of pressurizing the pontoons on a boat to pump water out, I thought I might need it. Turned out to be easier to drill a 1-1/2" hole in the pontoon and pump the water out. But, I'm glad to have it working now!

Thanks Mikek

Reply to
amdx