Help needed: US Car Radio (Blaupunkt) doesn't work in Europe on all frequencies

Hi Everybody,

I bought a car radio from US and imported to Europe (model: Ford Blaupunkt MP3

. Now the problem is the 0.2 MHz step of the FM tuner (don't care much about the AM which I know is also different) will not allow me to tune into even frequencies here (and most of the stations are so). I have basic electronics knowledge, I've soldered few boards, I've worked once with a microcontroler. What I want to know is what should I do to make this HU (otherwise great unit) to tune in European radio stations (FM would suffice). If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I have seen it done on a Russian website so I know it is possible just don't know how

P.S. Please don't come up with "buy another unit that works in Europe". It doesn't help.

Thanks, Vlad.

Reply to
vlad

Most of my Pioneers have a setup mode where you can select 200 kHz or

50 kHz tuning steps. This unit looks modern enough to have something similar.

I suggest trying to find some service documentation if the procedure is not listed in the standard documentation.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom