Help needed for transistor cross reference

I am trying to locate an NPN transistor #2SD1835. I did an NTE cross reference and no luck. I have other components I need to order and am trying to keep from ordering from more than one supplier to avoid additional shipping charges. I usually order from Mouser who always has the NTE part. I tried searching Mouser using the transistor data I have but got no results. Is this an oddball transistor, or is it a familiar with a different component number? Thankyou for any help.

Reply to
Golf

If you find the data for the 2SD1835 I'm sure you could find a suitable replacement. Just because it doesn't appear in a cross-reference book doesn't make it an oddball.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

According to the data sheet, it's only a little TO92 transistor, allbeit specced as a 'high current switching' transistor. It appears to be nothing special, with just general purpose applications stated for it. When I come across one of these little TO92's that has failed in a 'high current' application like in part of a power supply regulator or switching the supply to hifi's CD section or whatever, I just fit whatever comes to hand with a TO126 (small flatpak) outline. A BD131 is usually good for the job, although there are plenty of similar 2S series Jap transistors as well. It has the same E-C-B pinning (with the metal pad away from you, as the TO92 (flat towards you), and the same pin pitch, so can just drop in the original holes.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You can always sleeve one lead and cross it over , in combination perhaps with rotating 180 degrees if current, gain , voltage, and frequency otherwise match or excede but the pinning is wrong for direct pin for pin replacement.

N Cook

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like this is pretty straight forward since I have a Mouser catalog. Thanks.

Reply to
Golf

Thanks for relpying. I will try this as a sub. Looks like it is more than capable.

Reply to
Golf

Hello,

According to the Japanese spec book I've got:

2SD1835 - (NPN) 60V(CBO) 50V(CEO) 2A 750mW 200h(FE) 150MHz(f(T)) compliment to a 2SB1229

I THINK (but am not positive) that the pinout, with the flat side facing you is:

Emitter - Collector - Base

There is nothing really special about this transistor except it is rated for rather high current for a tall TO-92 case. On the other hand, you might be able to use a TO-126 or TO-220 case device if there is room for one. I think a ZTX-653 would do the job too.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:03:47 -0700, Golf put finger to keyboard and composed:

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.