Help. Mitsubishi WT-46809 Need help reseting to factor settings

I was trying to set my TV into 1080i mode in the service menu and it shut off now it won't turn back on. The TV worked perfectly before I did this. Anyone know how to reset the TV back to factory settings. email or post here..

Reply to
Ronald

Hmm.. You could try leaving it unplugged for a few days..

If I may ask... Why were you trying to do this and what did you change?

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

The only way to enable 1080i is though the service menu DTV port set to 1080i .. where it was set to 480p.

Reply to
Ronald

The only way to enable 1080i is though the service menu DTV port set to 1080i .. where it was set to 480p.

Sorry but that's why they call it a "Service Menu", and not a consumer Menu. With a service manual you could follow the correct procedure to put in the mode you want. There may have been other settings that needed to be changed FIRST such as vertical or horizontal frequency. Sometimes setting an incorrect frequency can actually burn out components or put the set into a permanent shutdown mode. You may need a service manual to get out of this mess.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

.

nu.

or

I'm well aware of the service menu and how it operates. I work on video games / Television monitors all the time. I have the service manual for this unit. I myself as a professional call upon everyone else out there to see if they have had something like this. I have exhausted my train of thoughts and as everyone else. If they know any tricks I can perform. Sad thing is this is my own personal unit. So Its not as burdan as if it was a customers unit.

-Ron

Reply to
Ronald