Help me to identify this part

From a tft monitor, AOC LM700 Part is on the mainboard and partly burned, numbers readable look like this:

XM15AV ?596S ..O P+

Package is 5 pin smd IC Board location ID U304

Any idea?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

I have the feeling it could be a 5v regulator, digikey has a LM2596S-5.0-ND in the list which points to 5V 3A regulator & thermal limiter. Would make sense on a mainboard but how sure can i be?

Would then be:

LM2596S

5.O P+

As there's a 0 and no 3 i could exclude 3.3v and 12V Making sense or am i missing the point here?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Bart: I'm working on an AOC TFT1560 monitor now. It has has a TO-220 case

5-pin IC marked: LM2596S-5.0 It is a 150KHz 3A step-down power regulator used to convert the 12V input to 5V for internal use. My monitor is dead, although I can cause the backlight to turn-on, there is no video image. Every once in a while, the monitor will work OK, but be dead the next time I try it. John
Reply to
jdgill

Yep, seems my guess was right. Thanks, and yes, mine is dead, that ic is burned. I have a vibrant monitor as well with just a white screen. No burned parts. What should i check first?

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

You just said that regulator chip is burnt. I'd sart by fixing that !

How old are these screens btw ? I recently heard that LCD monitors are notoriously unreliable.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

No, that's another monitor, this one just shows blank, i'm stripping the caps off one by one and test with an esr meter.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets