Help Identifying Motherboard Part

=_NextPart_000_0008_01C66E34.C8D0CE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

So there is a 3 pin thing regulator like thing mounted flat on the = motherboard (PCChips M925LR) next to the DIMM memory sockets. The memory = was not properly seated and so the part turned red with heat. And now = the motherboard no longer starts .. can't even get to BIOS so need to = replace that part (it is sorted all the way) but have been unable to = identify what it actually is. The part looks like the drawing below; it = is soldered directly flat on the motherboard to what seems like the = ground pad. The middle connector is cut off and left hanging and the = other 2 are connected to separate pads.=20

It measures 0.5cm in both length and width. I checked alldatasheet.com = and all I found was a MultiPlexed 2-wire Hall effect sensor IC but I = doubt this is that.

Reply to
Indu Prakash

Probably it's full name is 2N3055. If so, it's a very generic power transistor -- been around for about 40 years. Odds are that if it's toast, then some more parts on the board are, too.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

yes u can use 2N3055 or 2N2055

Also 45N03LD, 45N02LD any nchannel mosfet can use for this but plz ensure POST working.

Reply to
hardhackers

Okay I will give it a shot with 2N3055 .. the POST beeps (3 long beeps) indicate memory failure.

Reply to
Indu Prakash

DO NOT TRY a A 2N3055. This part is not the venerable bipolar transistor 2N3055, but an N channel MOSFET like a NTD3055xxx. These have a 60v rating and a current rating of between 9 and 12 amperes depending upon the xxx.

David

Reply to
David

On Wed, 03 May 2006 03:07:15 GMT, "Indu Prakash" put finger to keyboard and composed:

(PCChips M925LR) next to the DIMM memory sockets. The memory was not properly seated and so the part turned red with heat. And now the motherboard no longer starts .. can't even get to BIOS so need to replace that part (it is sorted all the way) but have been unable to identify what it actually is. The part looks like the drawing below; it is soldered directly flat on the motherboard to what seems like the ground pad. The middle connector is cut off and left hanging and the other 2 are connected to separate pads.

I found was a MultiPlexed 2-wire Hall effect sensor IC but I doubt this is that.

MTP3055 MOSFET ???

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar
60V .. does this seem the right part ? The voltage rating for the DDR memory chips is only 3.3V.

Reply to
Indu Prakash

the 60 volt is its upper limit

Reply to