help flashing a PIC 12F629

Hi; started out just trying to take photos from my r/c plane. Now I am learning electronics stuff that I knew nothing about 2 months ago. The circuit that will control the camera shutter uses:

12f629 PIC hex file from r/c cam man (where the circuit project is)

I have followed the directions as well as possible. read the osc cal value as 3440 in the last address, then tried to program the hex into the pic, with leaving the osc cal value at 3440 instead of 3ffff.

I am using a jdm with IC prog1.05c, and have the fuses and intosc set the same as in their project.

Failed at address 0000h is what I get ???

Tried the winpic800 that came with the jdm, but the WP800IO.sys fails to instal every time I try to open . The hardware then does not get recognized.

First PIC programming for me. Not sure if I am screwing up, or "system" probs. Ideas, besides getting a long extension cord on the camera :-)

Reply to
<f>

see whether the device is getting programming voltage. typically these devices require something like 12v on a pin to enable the write function.

f wrote:

Reply to
rusiri

The JDM programmer (and other similar designs) use the *standard RS232 voltages to provide the programming voltage for the chip.

Are you using a PC with a "real" serial port (provides true RS232 voltages of +/-12) or a "modern" PC that only provides +/-5 volts or a USB

Reply to
John