Help, electronics on Craftsman Radial Arm Saw.

Just rebuilt this saw. Electronics worked when purchased used in 2005. Now, with new battery, nothing on the display. Total of 4 encoders should be read/displayed. Any help on finding schematic etc. appreciated. Sears no longer has parts. Thanks!

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Perhaps a model number would help.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz
113.197250 Model number Believe the original manufacturer was Emerson. Thanks
Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

PROBLEM SOLVED Not used to the Type J 6v battery. After insertion you push slightly to one edge until it snaps in. EMBARRASSING !!!

All functions work! Thanks

Ivan Vegvary, Sandy Oregon

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

The best sort of fix -- fix the operator!

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Why does a radial arm saw have a display? I own several of them saws and there is nothing that I could see that needs to be displayed. I set the arm to whatever angle I need, which is marked on the arm itself, and angle the blade if needed. Also labeled on the adjuster knob.

I suppose if it's a variable speed (none of mine are), that may tell you the speed, but who needs the speed to be that precise? And why a battery? Once it's plugged in, the display should turn on.

Sears obsoletes their products so quickly these days, I'll never buy any of their products again.... I dont doubt that Sears will soon close their doors permanently. So much for their supposed "lifetime warranty" on their Craftsman tools.

Reply to
oldschool