Heathkit Weather Computer Model ID 5001C

My weather station has been fully functional for many years, but the wind direction and velocity has stopped working. I suspect one or more of the IR diodes and/or the photo transistors have failed. I have been unable to locate replacement parts or to cross-reference the original part numbers. The diodes are TIL-32 and the transistors are TIL-78. I would appreciate any information on where I might find these parts or where I might cross- reference them to an available substitute. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this request.

Reply to
Joe in Tennessee

Have you tried the Heath lists? They usually can help. I know someone makes parts for these including the computer.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Joe-

These numbers appear to be from Texas Instruments.

The best Heath cross-reference I've come across is at

listed by the Heath part number.

Have you tried contacting Heath? They are still there, just in the educational equipment business. I've heard they still have some parts.

There is an 800 number listed on their web site.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:59:10 -0700, Joe in Tennessee Has Frothed:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

go to Heathkit.com they are still there and can help you out

Reply to
David Naylor

Joe -

There are active Heath WX station groups on the Internet. This is a common part failure - IF you have had a nearby lightning strike - not necessarily direct (surge alone).

PLEASE bookmark the following information in your computer's browser for future reference !

The ID-5001 WX station is actually still made and supported by Forecast Technologies Forecast Technologies

29119 Monterey Ct. Santa Nella, CA. 95322
[ID-5001 Weather Computer] snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com 865.983.0691

You can order that exact part (and any other repair part that you may need) from Forecast Technologies (current mfg. and support for the 5001)

Any of the standard large parts mail-order houses should this part or a cross reference in stock

Mouser

DigiKey

Allied Electronics

Newark / InOne

w9gb
Reply to
w9gb

412-635 LED, infrared, TIL32 417-919 Phototransistor, infrared, TIL78
Reply to
w9gb

--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Allodoxaphobia