HDMI receiver with HD radio tuner

This is going to be hard to believe, but I am in the market for a new receiver and I want one with HD radio tuner. The people at Best Buy, and the Magnolia group within Best Buy don't seem to understand what HD fm tuner is.

Knowing that the Denon 3313CI (discontinued) had the HD tuner capability I went online to Denon and tried to find a current model that has HD tuner capability: I could find none, so I called Denon and they gave me a list, really a list of every one of their current models. I could find no mention of HD tuner on any of the models.

I found a Sony STRDDH770 which, according to Best Buy, does have an HD tuner. I bought the thing, hooked it up, and there is no HD tuner, nor is there an HD tuner in the next model up STRDN1070

My question here is can anyone suggest a (reasonably) priced receiver that has at least 4K pass-through and an fm HD tuner?

Thanks.

Reply to
root

With respect, get a simple HD tuner and add it as with any other component to your system. This will vastly multiply your options for receivers rather than restrict them to attic stock, leftovers, or 'used' options.

Or, go used:

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear: I want an A/V receiver capable of showing 4K hdmi input. Along with that I want more than a simple am/fm tuner, I want a tuner that incorporates wht the Sangean does.

I have the Insignia which seems to be a reboxed Sangean. In any case the Insignia unit is little more than junk. When it works it is fine, but it drops the stations after a few minutes, maybe as long as an hour but usually more frequently. It isn't a case of overheating as some have suggested.

The Sherwood listed explicitly says hd radio and I am sure it has it. However the receiver is far too old to support even HDMI 4K pass-through.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
root

While discontinued, Amazon seems to have the Denon for $ 1099.99

Ralph Mowery

I am in contact with a seller that offers a lower price.

Thanks.

Reply to
root

The Insignia one is buggy and usually dies within a year or so. Wouldn't buy one used.

Chuck

Not sure if they still offer the option, but I have an Onkyo receiver (TX-NR609, a few years old) that has a special proprietary port in back. I think one of the items available was an HD tuner that could plug into that.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

I still think you should get the ideal receiver from every other aspect, then add an HD tuner to it. This will multiply your options for either item and allow future upgrades to either item.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I am in the market because my Onkyo NR616 is in the process of failing. I think I am soured on Onkyo.

Reply to
root

What For? HD Radio sucks like Raeanne on a big black dick.

Did I forget to mention that HD Radio sucks?

It probably has an HD radio tuner. It's possible that it can't pick up any signals because HD radio is weak (because it sucks) and it's also possible that the radio stations in your area shut off their HD radio exciters (because HD Radio sucks)

So you want 4K pass through and HD Radio? Why not throw in a built 8-Track player as well?

4K is current technology. HD Radio is so 2008.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Phoena Greene

Let me guess. He says it must have fell out the back of a truck, right?

Reply to
Phoena Greene

It also allows you to delete options as well. For Example, when the OP finds that HD radio is nothing but the same lame FM analog stations in digital format and the subchannels are just AM rebroadcasts, then he can take a hammer to the HD tuner and not a $1000 dollar surround sound receiver.

Reply to
Phoena Greene