HDMI Inputs On TV ?

Hi,

Figure that someone here would know.

My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs.

I have a USB hub on my PC that allows 6 USB inputs to be ported to, and shared, by a single USB input on my home desktop PC.

Is there anything similar for TV HDMI inputs ?

Or, are there switch-boxes available as an alternate solution, where you manually can switch from one HDMI source to another one, and then feed the single TV HDMI Port ?

Or,...?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

This box will probably do what you want:

If it's not what you want, you can search Google for HDMI Switcher or HDMI matrix switch

Hope that helps Dave M

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Dave M

Go to Amazon and search for HDMI switch.

Reply to
Bob Horvath

You can get these, but get a switch box that has its own power source, and doesn't try to derive power from the HDMI port on the TV.

HDMI does have a power wire but the power available is really low - less than USB, if I remember right. It's not really enough to run much of any external hardware.

I have used a totally electromechanical HDMI switch box on a Toshiba TV and couldn't get it to work right.

HDMI also has a handshake that has to happen; sometimes the TV will sync back up after you operate the switch box and sometimes not. You may have to power-cycle the TV or the HDMI source device after using the switch box, to get a picture.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds