Harmon Kardon HK620 Amp

Hi, I'm new to this so I hope someone out there can help. I've recently dug out my old Harmon Kardon HK620 Amp that has been in storage. Now I may have damaged it when taking it out of the box but for some reason, the remote control won't turn the volume knob as it prevouisly did. The remote works for everything else. Is there a quick fix for this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

--
Dynamic Dave
Reply to

It may just be that the grease on the motor drive / gearbox assembly has dried out. A simple check with a voltmeter across the motor connections, whilst operating the remote vol up or vol down buttons, should tell you the whole story. If volts are present, and the motor does not turn, then either it is stalled because of a mechanical / lubrication problem, or the motor itself is faulty. If there are no volts, then there is a circuitry problem, which may well be beyond your abilities to trace, if you are not a service engineer.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Thanks for the reply Arfur... I'll take a look and maybe have to take it down to an engineers. Was a great amp, shame to have it not working properly.

Thanks again,

Dave.

Arfa Daily Wrote:

--