hard wired lcd monitor

I recently hard wired an lcd monitor with a damaged power socket.

I was able to accomplish it but now I have to disconnect the power cord from the monitor (and then reconnect it) and the computer has to be off or it will not turn on.

Was wondering why this happens.

I noticed by the ohm meter, that it seems like some capacitor has to dischanrge and then recharge?

Reply to
zirath

When the display card looses reference to the monitor, it may go in to a sleep or protection mode. Then when the monitor is re-connected, it will not see the monitor without it being re-initialized again. The only way to re-initialize the display card is to re-set the computer.

Normaly, when the display card can stay referenced to the monitor there should not be any problem.

Jerry G.

--
On Aug 25, 1:48=A0pm, "zirath"  wrote:
> I recently hard wired an lcd monitor with a damaged power socket.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jerry G.

The problem happens independant of the computer. The monitor won't turn on with the computer turned off unless I disconnect the monitor's power cord and then reconnect it.

The problem also happens if the computer is turned on. Then I have to disconnect the computer cable from the monitor and then disconnect and reconnect the monitor power cord.