Hamilton Beach blender--lubricate?

Hamilton Beach blenders have a cutter assembly that consists of the blades mounted on a shaft in a bearing surrounded by molded plastic.

After some period of time, the shaft siezes on the bearing and the cutters won't spin.

The shaft seems to be sealed (to keep out whatever liquid is being blended) so I haven't been able to get any WD-40 or oil into the shaft/bearing to free it up.

Has anyone succeeded in re-lubricating the cutter assembly?

The only alternative is to buy a replacement ($8 at Wal-Mart).

Reply to
Jim Land

Probably just gummed up solid from not being cleaned properly after use?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: