Hall effect sensor for Sony Beta head drum motors, replacement required.

x-no-archive:yes

All

Does anyone know a source for a pin compatible replacement for the Hall Effect sensor mounted on the head drum PCB of most Sony Beta video recorders? I'm told that there is a modern equivalent but not what it is! The component on the Sony PCB has no markings at all. The glue on the pins is known to get damp and cause problems, but I've found that usually the device itself is defective.

It is fitted in probably all models from the SL-C9 onwards. It has four leads I believe (not yet dismanted the SL-F30 I've just acquired which has the usual defect, the head drum won't rotate).

Thanks for any assistance. Please copy snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com in any reply.

Colin

Colin McCormick