Hakko/Goot ceramic filters

Can someone tell me the thickness and diameter of the ceramic paper filter discs that are used in, for example, the Hakko 808 and Goot TP-100 guns? I know loads of suppliers, but I can't find dimensions on these.

I need ceramic filters for a project -- 16mm (5/8") diameter discs. If the gun discs aren't the right size, I'll have to look for bulk material with similar flow characteristics, or possibly try to trim the stock discs.

Any suggestions for other sources of ceramic filter paper? Googling has led to some hits, but these companies require large orders. I wonder if a diesel particulate filter would have similar properties.

As for cutting ceramic paper, will I need to have the discs custom cut or would I be able to cut it w/o cracking it or seriously chipping the disc edges? What tool would I use, a Dremel cut-off wheel?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts