GW Function Generator GFG-8016D Repair/Schematics

Hi,

I have a GW Function Generator model GFG-8016D that isn't working properly. Basically, the OUTPUT port is always about -14VDC, and adjusting the frequency or other controls doesn't change the output at all (there's no AC waveform present). The only one that makes a difference is pulling the AMPL knob out (for -20dB) does bring the output down to about -1.2VDC. The frequency generation seems to be working though, since the TTL/CMOS output does work correctly with perfect control. So, it seems like there's something wrong with just the function output section.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate schematics, or even really any repair info on this. Does anyone have the schematics, or know anything about this model (does it have any clones that do have repair info), or in general know what is likely the problem (from similar problems on other frequency generators)?

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
DogP

Maybe a variant of this sort of fault

Philips PM5770 pulse generator Output on 10V setting but not lower settings. Inside the screened attenuator box a secondary switch mechanism comes into action in the 10Volt position but was failing to return on spring action on lower settings. Same symptoms for someone's HP 8116A 50MHz Programmable pulse/function generator but relay driver failure for that one.

N_Cook

Is this it :-

Manual download is free, no registration reqd.

JC

Reply to
Archon

Wow, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for... that's kinda embarrasing that I didn't find that one myself. I saw the site in the google search, and it looked like one of those spammy keyword sites that never actually has anything. *Site Bookmarked*

Pat

Reply to
DogP