Green Screen

About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20 minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone clarify if this is the problem?

Reply to
bob_26

Youve got deeper problems that that. But as usual with vague information...

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Depending on what model , the problem is most likely the video amp chip on the CRT board, or hopfully not the CRT itself has and intermetant short. try tapping litly on the neck of the tube while the set is on and see if the problem appears. if so then the tube is the culbrit, if not then change out the video amp chip... if the set hhas three seperate transistor and amps the look at the back of the crt board for the letters GK then trace the lands back to the transistor and replace it Have fun tell us what model it is and we can be more specific

Reply to
David Naylor

a great way to electrocute the OP

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Nonsense. Lightly tapping the neck of the CRT won't hurt the OP or the CRT. A better way to narrow down the area of the is fault, though, would be to swop over the CRT drives - for example swop over the green and blue. If the screen still flashes green then the CRT is faulty, if blue then there is a problem in the video circuitry. I'm not familiar with this model, so can't be more specific than that I'm afraid.

HTH

Reply to
Farmer Giles

The risks of advising people to stick their hands inside a TV could hardly be more obvious.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You are correct, and I apologise. I was assuming that he knew his way around this sort of equipment - a dangerous assumption!

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Hopefully he does, and theres no problem. Or maybe thats why so many OPs never answer the questions asked of them :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222
[]About 3 weeks ago while watching tv, the picture went green with lines

running across the screens. I couldnt change the channel, there was no volume and only thing I could do was switch it off. After about 20 minutes the picture came back on and it was fine.....

Until tonight. Again same thing happened but this time it hasent fixed itself. From reading other posts it goes on about CRT drive. Can anyone

clarify if this is the problem?[

color drive transistor in the crt socket is bad.i have the same problem as you have few months ago.and i fixed it by replacing the transistor.check the voltage under green.

--
junexsils
Reply to

Could be the socket, the drive transistor, a solder connection, or the crt itself shorting internally heater to cathode.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias