Gigaware 40-221 Ipod dock with clock radio problem solved.

The radio was working before I moved. I unpacked it and plugged it in. There was a half of a display but no sound. After resetting it a few times, I had a display and sound for a few seconds. Let it sit over night and it was totally dead. I was going to buy a new radio since I had to go to an early morning appointment tomorrow. I moved to a rural area and all the radios that were available were crap audiowise. Since that was the case, I replaced the backup AAA batteries and the radio works fine. Great design. If the backup batteries fail in a certain way, the radio dies.

Chuck

Maybe the thing is running on those backup batteries, at least in part. It'll be interesting to see how long it behaves normally on the new set of batteries.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz