Funny problem with TV - menus going crazy!

Hi All, The guys at SED suggested I post here for some advice from the experts.

I have a Zenith A25B33W TV that is doing funny things. The menus pop up, and start going through themselves at random. If I have the remote in my hand, I can cancel them, but then a few moments later, they pop up again. It doesn't seem the be the remotes, because I have removed the batteries, and the menus keep popping up. I have even covered the IR port on the TV, and that doesn't stop it.

So, any suggestions? I had one suggestion that it might be a bad LV power supply causing flakey voltages on the logic board. I don't want to open it up, until I know what I am looking for. This set has given flawless performance for almost 10 years, so I hate to have to replace it.

Thanks, Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Have you inadvertently put it into "demo" mode? I would try unplugging the set, waiting several minutes, then power it up again. If that doesn't help, the owner's manual might have some suggestions about this or one of the Zenith gurus on this group may be able to help you.

Good luck.

--
David Farber
David Farber\'s Service Center

David, THAT DID IT! It must have been in some demo mode, because after unplugging it, and waiting a bit, it has stopped.

Boy, that was driving me crazy!

(Ok, it is a short drive... 8-) )

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Now you know why I suggested that you ask in SER. ;^)

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

If I were you I would throw a bowling ball through it and forget about T.V. all together. In 2000, I had a bad day at work. So I got home and saw the T.V. was tuned to MTV. So I went upstairs, got a bowling ball, and threw it through the screen and broke it. Then I took the bowling ball and threw it at the cabinet, and broke that and finished off the circuit board with it. I threw the T.V. pieces in the trash. My 27 inch T.V. was 6 inches tall when I was done with it, no higher than the speakers. I have not watched a minute of television since (unless it was in a resturant or at work) and don't miss it. I don't miss Judge Shyster or some jagoff pretending to be a doctor. Nor do I miss the same 9 movies and same 50 tv shows ran ad nauseum. I canceled cable, and when they asked me why I want to cancel cable I told them I had not receive another bill from them and hung up the fone. They did call me one day and asked if I would like to reactivate my cable subscription so I put the fone next to my ass and cut the loudest fart they have ever heard.

I half way through eating a gallon of Anderson's French Vanilla ice cream when the doorbell rang so I opened the door and it was these young kids and they were offering me satellite T.V. service. It was the combo or bundle (you know fone, t.v. and internet rip off). I told them, "Let me get my checkbook" and I shut the door. I took a shit in my hand, opened the door, and threw the turd at them and told them that if they ever came back to my house, I would kick there asses.

With the money I am not spending on cable T.V., I can spend it on things I truly enjoy. I have bought a bunch of oreos and twinkies and used them to fill up the void of space once left by my 27 incvh T.V.

Reply to
--- > SiTrE JoSePHEnnE MaGAnA

Wish I had a buck for every set I saw come back for factory service in a menu mode :(

Reply to
Meat Plow