Fudge/kludging old style switch

Ona 1983 Roland Juno 6 synth, so would like to keep original looking. Easy to wire in some modern replacement. One of those rotating arm , but slide switch action that used to be common on amps and tapedecks of the 1970s. 3 position mode switch. The arm that looks metal but is thin aluminium cylinder over plastic. Broken away , and missing, from the internal rocking bit. Switch action is good , but how to fit a shaft? Cannot simple drill and tap/glue a shaft as there is a fixing/pivot rivet that goes through that area. I've sintride fine cone-rasped 4 undercut holes radial to this central position. I intend 4 bend stiff wires and epoxy going in there , and a thin walled aluminium pcb stand-off cylinder, that would normally take a long bolt, slid over those 4 and then epoxied in aswell. Anyone been here before, or better idea?

Reply to
N_Cook

4 equal overlengths of .7mm stainless steel wire. Equal to check all are seated in properly and 20mm overlength to be able to lightly clamp off. 4mm back, 45 degree bend on the end of each. Dry run they nestled in splayed, and cylinder slid over ok. With a, pin introduce epoxy in each of the holes, then drop of epoxy on each angled wire end and insert, while finger-clamp holding the other main lengths together. Slide the cylinder over, pull the wires as a group lightly , wrt the cylinder, checking right and true and clamp off. A ring of epoxy around the join of cylinder to the actuating plastic block in the switch. First bit of epoxying done. When cured , dribble more epoxy down the cylinder and when cured , grind off the excess. I'll take a pic after the first epoxying is cured.
Reply to
N_Cook

Alps 309F type of switch

N_Cook

All the keys and switches, do something, whether the right things I don't know, I'll leave that to others who know how to drive the beast. Press a note and you can go away for a cup of coffee while it outputs some music, all on its own.

Reply to
N_Cook