from your experience, which is most sensitive DTV Converter?

Apologies that this is slightly 'off topic' but I haven't found good info elsewhere.

Which is the most sensitive [and can remove multi-path?] DTV Receiver for use with an indoor antenna?

Presently am using RCA model found as recommended in previous searches, but it may be too marginal in low signal level response.

Irritatingly, the info on the screen while watching comes back as 'no signal, etc' When TV program does appear, often shows signal strength at half range level. Other stations sometimes come in with almost nothing showing as signal strength, yet watch them acceptably. Must be multi-path problems and the indicator has false level.

Do any of you have experience [data?] showing which DTV Converter has the best sensitivity? Or is that low level dictated by the specs from gov and they all pretty much bottom out at the same point?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Macy

Zenith (Insignia), or DigitalStream. Read:

UCLAN

I've been really happy with the Insignia NS-DXA1-APT (virtually identical to the Zenith DTT901). Not all that happy with an Apex DT250 that I got based on its S-video out. The Apex seems to be considerably pickier about signal strength.

As far as multipath, probably your best cure for that is a more directional antenna.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Thank you for your replies.

Does this performance include 'minimum signal level'? In other words, given a weak signal, which one still converts?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Macy

om

Replying to my own posting in order to bring up to date...

Thank you for the recommendation. YES !!!! I bought, and tried an Insignia.

Insignia's NS-DXA1-APT is incredible compared to the RCA DTA800B. Downtown San Jose receive over 44 channels via INDOOR antenna [Terk ?? model looks like a bowtie], The RCA unit was more like 26+

Not only that, if multi-path throws the signal out, there is only a slight bit of audio chattering and/or pixelations, not that blank screen from the RCA unit telling me what I already see - Signal Lost! followed by a lock out for several seconds.

New question: Anybody know the 'code' to put into RadioShack's Universal Remote "4- IN-ONE REMOTE"? to operate the Insignia.

Can't seem to get any code to work.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Macy