Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Siemens Symphony Magnetom 1.5T MRI 2004

Medrad Spectris Solaris Injector 3004213 11384

Series 23449
Software NUMARIS/4
Version syngo MR A40 DHHS
Software
COEM VD31H
Syngo Vx91C SL02P08
N4_VA40A_LATEST_20130302
N4 SECURITY_UPDATE_0024_20140505
N4_VA40A_FEATURE_20130302_SP01_F10
N4_VA40A_FEATURE_201130302_OU2_F2
MR_MR018-17S_N4SeU0028
MR_MR023-17-R_N4SecU0029
Cryo 44%
Coldhead

And:

Siemens Primus LINAC 2002 3413

Low Photon Energy MV    6
Dose Rate MU/min    50&300
High Photon Energy MV    10,15,23
Dose Rate MU/min    10,15,23
Electron Energy MeV    6 to 21
Electron Dose Rate MU/min    300 or 900
Available with MLC    Optional
Minimum Room Dimensions:
Depth     19'
Width     18'
Height     9'6"
Power Requirements KVA    9'6"
Water Requirements Gal/min    9'6"

The MRI is fully operational and with all supporting equipment.
The LINAC is not operational and would either be for parts or for full refu
rbishment.

The MRI Machine is on the third floor of a medical office building in Cente
r City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and would have to be craned out thro
ugh an outside wall. All costs for same would be by the taker, who (which)
would have to be fully insured, licensed in Philadelphia, and bear all cost
s of disassembly, removal, and restoration of building integrity. There wou
ld be no direct costs for the machine or supporting equipment.

The LINAC machine is on the first floor of the same building, and subject t
o the same requirements for removal - whatever means and methods and restor
ation on the remover.

Please e-mail me directly. Either we get this done before 1/31/2020, or the
 machines both go out as scrap. Not kidding. Even a little bit.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
furbishment.
ter City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and would have to be craned out th
rough an outside wall. All costs for same would be by the taker, who (which
) would have to be fully insured, licensed in Philadelphia, and bear all co
sts of disassembly, removal, and restoration of building integrity. There w
ould be no direct costs for the machine or supporting equipment.
 to the same requirements for removal - whatever means and methods and rest
oration on the remover.
he machines both go out as scrap. Not kidding. Even a little bit.

None of the used equipment companies want them? MRI machines have very nice
 Dc to several MHz low distortion power amplifiers. I've heard of some in t
he 15 KW range. Some were modified Crown amplifiers.

Since this is older, does it have any of the Tektronix video displays> I've
 seen some medical equipment that used the half rack X-Y monitors that fit
the rack mounts for Waveform Monitors and Vector scopes. The old Waterman h
ospital in Eustis Florida had sold the equipment to a dealer, then left it
outside in the rain for two weeks. It had a nice pair of Tek 620 X-Y monito
rs. They would have made great displays for Curve Tracers.

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
The issue is getting them out of their present locations. The used-equipment guys do not want to take on the liability of swinging a 30,000 + pound piece of equipment out of a third-floor via a hole-in-the-wall.

The displays are all high-res 1040p screens with some additional software-based enhancements. These units were in daily use until about mid-November.

At this point, we are speaking to several non-profits, and even a couple of embassies for smaller (and poorer) countries.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
ent guys do not want to take on the liability of swinging a 30,000 + pound
piece of equipment out of a third-floor via a hole-in-the-wall.
-based enhancements. These units were in daily use until about mid-November
.
of embassies for smaller (and poorer) countries.

Good luck finding a new home for them. At one time I had to do certified de
struction on a tractor trailer load of medical equipment. It arrived with a
 1/4" hole drilled through the main circuit board of every unit. The amount
 of waste was disgusting. All we recovered were motors, displays and small
parts. The circuit boards were required to be shipped to a gold processor t
o be burnt for recovery. I could see this, if the equipment had been recall
ed as defective, but 95% of it was less than two years old.

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 11:40:47 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
\

That would be great if it could be repurposed in that way.

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home

That's very charitable of you. Here are four charities that identify and distribute medical equipment:

1 Med-Eq
  333 Cedar St,
  New Haven, CT 06520

2 Project C.U.R.E.
  10377 E Geddes Ave Ste. 200,
  Centennial, CO 80112

3 Not Just Tourists
  240 Roncesvalles Ave,
  Toronto, ON M6R 1L3, Canada

4 Medshare
  701 Penhorn Ave,
  Secaucus, NJ 07094

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Thank you - none of which want an MRI "on the hoof" as it were. Nor does the UN or Doctors without Borders.

But we do have a local non-profit MRI provider looking.

Thanks again!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Can you bring it to Kutztown next show Peter?

Heheh...

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
No dismantling it ?

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Minimum 30,000 pounds, dry weight. This is less the bed, controls, and support accessories.
The magnet must be immersed in liquid helium at all times, even when unpowered, unless the unit is to be decommissioned.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...
unpowered, unless the unit is to be decommissioned.

Does the helium vessel have a L N2 outer jacket like the dewars that we
had our helium delivered in to the physics lab, and thus requiring an
on-going supply of both (liquified) gasses?

Mike.

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
https://www.cryofab.com/products/cmsh_series

Transportation and storage as above.

Liquid helium is considered a super-fluid inasmuch as it climbs walls and will go through molecular-size openings.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

That is if you reduce the pressure by pumping until the temperature

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfluid_helium-4 ). I remember doing
this and seeing the helium stop boiling energetically and go unnaturally
calm. It was still boiling, of course, because heat was still leaking
in...

Mike.

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home

Helium will leak even in its gaseous state. Metalized Mylar balloons last m
uch longer than latex, but they still fail far more quickly filled with hel
ium than with air. The helium diffuses right through the material.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Free (Sort of) to Good Home
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 10:42:18 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Hence the need for a helium leak detector mass spectrometer. Anyone
with this piece of equipment NEEDS a HLDMS to go with it.
--

No deal? No problem! :-D

Site Timeline