Free CAN Emulator (req)

Hello Dears

can anyone know a Free CAN Emulator HW & SW out there?

i'm trying to develop a small CAN interface so we can connect it to do some temeetry using a Cellular GSM module, but i need first debug my CAN interptreter.

thanks in advance.

Reply to
Beto Max

The least expensive would probably be a dev board with CAN peripheral, something like this: also available from Note: I haven't used this particular board but I do use other Olimex dev boards and STM32F Cortex-M chips, so I'd presume that it would work okay. It appears that it uses the open source Maple environment, so your compiler setup should be cheap and (relatively) easy.

I use a PEAK CAN/USB

also available from
for general sniffing and poking at CAN busses. Not free but reliable and comes with DLLs and Linux drivers to integrate with your own code.

Reply to
Rich Webb

ome temeetry using a Cellular GSM module, but i need first debug my CAN int erptreter.

Thanks, i will give to it a try !!!

Reply to
Beto Max

You might also have a look at our ELM329 integrated circuit. Although you would need to build it into a circuit to use it, the interface is a very simple one - serial based with ascii characters. See

Jim Nagy
Elm Electronics
Reply to
Jim