FOR SALE - $475 antique radio for ONLY $65

I bought an antique radio for $475 at an antique store. It was sold as-is, no returns. When I got it home, I plugged it in, and saw sparks. Then the whole thing burst into flames. By the time the Fire Department came, I made out the fire by tossing a 5 gallon pail of water on it. The Fire Dept then tossed it outside and broke the cabinet.

After it dried, I duct taped the cabinet back together, but I am not certified to repair it. I will sell it for repair to anyone who is certified to repair it, for only $65. You cant get a better deal than that. It looks like all the tubes and transistors are still there, so I am sure it can be fixed. It will probably need a new cord though, that sort of melted from the flames.

Shipping is extra.

Post a reply if you want to buy it!

Reply to
sam.markoni3

lol

Reply to
tabbypurr

I guess you want payment by western union?

Reply to
tom

Then ruined it

So you mean $0 radio for $65 ?

Reply to
Andy Burns

KER_WOOOSH!!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:54:19 PM UTC-4, sam.ma...@ya_oo.com wro te:

LOL!

Not to get too far from your post but your story reminded me of a true stor y my dad told me. Back in the late 1950s or early 60s, he was making a hou se call on a B&W console. He arrived at the house and found it on the fron t porch. Turns out the grandfather was watching TV while the TV was litera lly on fire. His daughter and son-in-law ran into the room when they smelle d the smoke and there was grandpa watching that TV en fuego. He wasn't awa re of the flames licking the curtains because the show he was watching was a western and either the wagon train or the barn was set on fire by the Ind ians (er, Native Americans) and was in full blaze.

Reply to
John-Del

He must have thought the special effects were totally awesome. ;)

Cursitor Doom

Smellivision? Might go down well with all the cooking programs in the UK...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon