Foot Pedal Hardware Error

I have tried to connect the foot pedal (COM1 port - using express scribe) to my pc for medical transcription work, but could not succeeded. The message has appeared as

Foot Pedal Hardware Error

Unable to open COM port.

this means you have selected wrong COM port and it is either being used for something else or is does not exist in your computer.

If you have encountered such problems pleas guide, how to overcome this problem.

Reply to
divakarnc

Is the foot pedal broken? Are you planning to open it up and fix it?

If not, then you've blundered on the wrong newsgroup. This is about the repair of electronic equipment, not fixing software problems, or operator error.

There are lots of newsgroups related to computers, where such questions belong.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Mr. Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem i have reported is related to foot pedal (which works with express scribe), an electronic item, can be attached to PC - COM port.

I hope, i am in the right track, if u have any suggesions, pl help.

Reply to
divakarnc

The message you're getting is in all probability due to the computer, not the pedal. Something in your computer is using COM1 - a modem, a printer, a UPS, a PDA synchronization cable, etc. and that is why your pedal won't work. In particular, do you have an internal dialup-fax modem? Does you PC (PC? Mac?) have only one external COM ports?

Reply to
Bennett Price

text -

Hi,

Thank you for your kind suggestions,

Now I have replaced the foot pedal and is working now, without any modifications/changes. Thank you once again for your assistance.

Reply to
divakarnc